How to respond to discrimination?

Depending on the situation, individuals experiencing discrimination or inappropriate treatment may choose which authority to approach to investigate the matter. For instance, a person considering herself/himself to have been discriminated against in public healthcare because of being disabled may choose to submit their case to the Non-Discrimination Ombudsman, the Parliamentary Ombudsman, the Patient Ombudsman or the Regional State Administrative Agency. Different authorities have different powers and potential for investigating and responding to discrimination, and it is a good idea to find out about these before deciding which authority to turn to.

In unclear situations, please contact the customer service of the Non-Discrimination Ombudsman.